Friday, April 8, 2011

my new favorite season

spring has always been my favorite season. I absolutely love everything about it. St. Patrick's Day and Cinco de Mayo. March Madness. Sitting on the patio in shorts and a light jacket. walking my dogs and not freezing my butt off or sweating profusely. Yeah, all those things. Being pregnant makes it quite difficult to really enjoy spring. Who wants to sit on a patio without a drink in one's hand? Watching college basketball isn't fun without a frosty beer. And while I have become a fan of non-alcoholic brews, it's just not the same.
So, I now declare summer my favorite season. No more students, paperwork and just "work" in general. While JT will technically be born in spring, we'll be out of school, so I declare it summer. Who doesn't love the season that his or her first born came into the world during? Mr. Soup loves baseball and while I'm not the biggest fan, I can become one if I have an ice cold beer. Hot patio? bring me a margarita and we can stay out all night. Fortunately, our neighbors just built a backyard oasis. we'll have many nights outside enjoying the summer fun watching the kids play (okay, so JT won't be playing yet, but you catch my drift). summer vacation. pool-time. all those things that make summer worthwhile. While I LOVE LOVE LOVE having JT grow inside me, I'm getting to the point where I'm ready for him to come out. I can't even say it's solely because I want to meet him. It's because I just don't want to be uncomfortable anymore and I really need some alcohol and sushi. Yeah, I'm selfish, but at least I can admit it.
so during this pregnancy madness, spring has been bumped to 2nd place. Summer, you are now my new favorite season. This concludes my ode to summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment