Friday, July 2, 2010

i heart summer

one of my favorite things about summer: answering to no one! it is now half past eleven a.m. and I'm still in bed with my babies by my side. I love snuggling next to them each morning. they are so peaceful when they sleep. this by far is one of my favorite things about summer.

I also love summer movies! Last night Mr. Soup and I went to see the third installment of the Twilight Series! It was so good! It kind of inspired me to read the series. I tried before, but I couldn't really get into it. I'm not a big fan of teenage lust. Must be the teacher in me! The week before that we saw The Grown-ups and we saw Shrek in 3D while Abby was here.

summer cooking-- I found this easy steak tostada recipe that I'm going to try tonight for dinner. It looks so yummy with red onions, spinach, radishes and my favorite.....cheese! We are also having people over on Sunday to celebrate the fourth. We're looking forward to good food and a good time with friends!

things I don't like about summer:
sweating--I sweat like no other in the summer, especially when I work out. I just started the Insanity work-out DVD, and it has taken my sweating to a whole nother level!!!
working-- working in the summer is overrated. I do enjoy it, but I'm so not disciplined to work every single day. On a side note---yesterday I was hired to teach a developmental writing course at Collin College in McKinney. I will teach Saturday mornings in the fall. While I'm not looking forward to waking up early on a Saturday, I am excited for the experience. This is something that I have wanted to do for a while and I can not wait to begin this new chapter in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment