Friday, August 12, 2011

Don't Make me...

Someone asked if Joel was six months? Yes. I know he's amazingly advanced, but don't make my baby grow up faster than he is! Ugh! Today was one of those days where I woke up in a funk. I cried because it was my last week day with Joel. Mr. Soup consoled me and told me that it was perfectly normal to feel the way I do. The rational part of me hates that I break down like that. I know Joel will be perfectly safe and will thrive at daycare. I know that being a working mom is best for Joel and me. I know that Joel will not think I abandoned him. I know these things, but oh how my heart aches when I think about leaving him. The separation anxiety is getting to me. The idea of pumping at work is getting to me. The idea of being with 140 hormonal tweens is getting to me.
This too shall pass...right?
On a high note, I lost two more pounds this week! I'm 12 pounds from my weight loss goal. I celebrated by purchasing some new jeans (which ended up being two pairs of jeans, two tops, and a dress all for $60! Thank you, Old Navy!) and a drink from Sonic. This is only the 2nd time I've been shopping for myself, but this was the first time that I did not pick up something for Joel! Usually, I pick up a little outfit or two for him as well. I think this has a lot to do with the fact that Nana and Granddad have purchased most of his wardrobe for the first year of his life! Gotta love Carter's! They're the best baby clothes. Nana and Granddad have done a lot for us this past month. From hosting his baby shower to babysitting and just offering their love and support, we wouldn't be here without them! It really does take a village!

No comments:

Post a Comment