Okay, so before I go into my resolution, I want to focus on the things I did well in 2009!
1. Organization - I maintained some very good organization as I taught, planned a wedding and completed graduate school! I also organized our apartment so well that it feels LARGE! Okay, not large, but not tiny!
2. Wedding - uh, need I say more? Our wedding was absolutely the best wedding of the decade!
3. Marriage - Unlike most celebrities (not saying I'm a celebrity!), I've been happily married for 9 months!
4. eating well - in the summer I did an excellent job of preparing more veggie meals into our diet, eliminating fast food and eating smaller portions
Okay, so here it is for the New Year's resolutions:
1. Buy a house! Mr. Soup found a house that we really want to buy. In fact, I'd call it our dream starter house. He's looking for a better job in hopes that we can before the Obama credit expires. However, if we don't, our goal is to have the money for a down payment saved so that we can officially start house-hunting in December 2010. We may not get the dream starter home before April, but I have no doubt that we can find a great home.
2. Eat Well - We will eat two exclusively Vegetarian meals per month. I would say once a week, but I know my husband. I'll start out with two vegetarian meals per month, but try to shoot for four. And when I say vegetarian, I don't mean pasta with no beef or a whole bunch of McDonald's french fries. I mean a meal full of veggies!
3. Eat Well part 2 - eat fast food only once a month
4. Get Fit - I really want to prepare my body for pregnancy. I want to work out 3 + times per week and lose five pounds by December 2010. I know this seems ridiculous, but I need to drop those last few pounds before getting pregnant.
5. Communicate - One issue Mr. Soup and I have in our marriage is communication. We need to communicate better. If we work on this issue, it will help our marriage remain solid. I'm so proud to have a loving, supportive husband who would do anything for me and makes me feel sexy. This one issue can severely hinder our marriage and I would like to nip it in the bud.