Wednesday, May 26, 2010

in love

despite the ramblings of my previous post (see below), I am in love with this time in our life.
1. our house - I absolutely love our house. It is so spacious. it has character and most importantly our dogs love it. They love having a backyard. I have sat out there everyday this week and watched them run and run. Mr. Sam has lost weight as well. Oh and we don't lock them up during the day and they don't pee, poop or tear things up like they did in the apartment. It is also fun to see Mr. Soup get excited about house projects. I love our new refrigerator. I love the couch (40% off the asking price, I'm such a good shopper!) I am about to order I love that we will spending the next ___ years in this home.
2. our careers - Mr. Soup is really doing well as a caseworker and I am becoming more stressed by my job, but more in love with it everyday.
3. marriage - I love being married to him. he makes me feel special and needed. he also surprises me every now and then. any time I saw I want him to buy me something, Mr. Soup will figure out how much I need to save and for how long until I can afford to buy it. I've been wanting a laptop for a while and he came home last night with one for me. Granted it is refurbished, so he got a good deal on it, but it is the thought that counts. Oh, did I mention that it's one of those cute little laptops? During this 3-day weekend I plan to hang with some friends in town and go see SATC 2 (SO FREAKIN' EXCITED!) with my friend, but Mr. Soup and I are also celebrating our 4 year anniversary by attending the Mint Condition concert on Saturday night.
4. family - I feel like my brother is in a good place in his life. He's working at a bank and seems to be taking steps toward securing his career aspirations and financial future. My dad is finally getting some relief for his back. He just recently underwent a procedure to see about getting electrodes to prevent him from feeling the pain in his life. Right now he has the temporary box, but if that works out well, they will insert permenant ones. However, he still battles with his immune system, but we're hoping now that he's retired he'll stay healthy and continue to love a quality life. My dad really is the strongest man I know as I don't know anyone whose body and brain have been through what he's been through. He keeps perservering and keeps a smile on his face while doing it.
5. the unknown - I don't know what will happen with my stepdaughter, but I have faith that everything will work out. I don't know what the future holds for us, but I'm excited to see where this journey takes us.

2 comments:

  1. I still cannot wait to see your house!!!

    And I agree, your dad is the strongest man I know as well, what an inspiration. Many people go through tough times, I dont think anyone has ever gone through something so hard with the positive attitude and outlook your father always has. He inspires everyone to be better, and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you are loving life, even if it is difficult. Remember, no one ever said it'd be easy, but it will be worth it! I always try to keep this in mind, but it can be tough. I'm hoping everything works out for the best with your unknowns. Also, I'm dying to see home pics!!!! I'd love to see how you decorated (and you have me intrigued about this fridge)!

    ReplyDelete