Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Headaches

Oh man do I have headaches....I can't seem to get rid of them. Today at work I was the world's worst teacher. After the bellringer and explaining directions, I simply had my students work on their assignment by themselves. Usually I walk around and monitor their work, but today I made them bring it to me (that's how lazy I was) and I checked it over before they turned it in. Talk about teacher of the year here. Luckily, I have pretty good kids and they asked questions when they were confused, but still. I think I'm going to (in addition to taking massive quantities of Ibuprofen) pick up a Coke in the morning on the way to class.

Well, the end of the year is approaching! June 4th is the last day of school. I'm not teaching summer school for the first time in a while. I am attending the AVID conference and Pre-AP training. I also applied to teach an online college course (comp & lit) and they emailed me back, so that's a good sign! If that doesn't work out, I'll either find something else or just take it easy. My hubby is fine with me not working, but I do like to pad our savings and of course buy some furniture.

We close on May 25th. I'm getting nervous, but I'm so ready to be in our house. I just love it so much. The sofa I wanted went off-sale, but I found another one that is a true sectional, but doesn't have a bed feature. However, it is really cheap and I think it will go better in our living room, so I'm going to get it! I'm so excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment