Saturday, September 25, 2010

classic

i spent most of last night and today watching classic movies, television and reading (I need to hurry and finish Hunger Games so I can move onto the next book!) This weekend was one of those rainy weekends. Yesterday after work I skipped happy hour (shocking, I know!) and went to the gym. I came home ate some leftovers, settled in to grade papers and take care of household things. Mr. Soup wanted to discuss our budget. Once he graduates we'll have more income, but more student loans. Right now our short term goals include putting more in savings and paying off debt. Right now we're doing both really well, but it's time to increase everything where we can. We really want to start pulling up carpet and putting down wood floors, but we're scared to touch our savings especially in this economy. I think we'll feel better with more in there and less debt. We definitely live comfortably and we're not struggling, but you just never know! Our long term goal is to double up on our mortgage payments.
So after all our discussions about boring grown-up stuff, I settled in to do some grading and curriculum mapping for my college course. I turned on the television and was greeted with a classic! CLUELESS! This was one of my favorite movies when I was in 8th grade. Watching it last night reminded me why I loved it so. I remember thinking Cher (Alicia Silverstone) was the coolest and she still is. After watching Clueless, I cuddled up with Hunger Games and fell asleep to the rain. I awoke at 4am when I heard roaring thunder outside. I guess I'm not used to our house because I immediately thought someone was in our home. When I looked at the foot of the bed and on the floor, I was immediately relieved. My sleeping guard dogs put my worries at ease.
I woke up a few hours later to get ready to teach in McKinney. I drove in the rain, taught an drove back to Plano in the rain. I started on laundry and began cleaning the master bathroom. As I embarked on my tasks, I turned on the television and was greeted by another classic: Forrest Gump! Tom Hanks is such a talented actor!
I spent the rest of the day grading papers, watching Law & Order (who knew that show could be so good?) and helping Mr. Soup with his research proposal. He promised to take me to brunch tomorrow if I helped him. We got lots done today so that we can enjoy a yummy brunch at Iron Cactus and then head to the local Eagles bar to watch the Eagles play. Oh, and the Jayhawks won today! Not bad! Let's keep it up!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a pretty perfect weekend!! How is Hunger Games? I've been wanting to read it but just haven't gotten around to it. And now I really want to re-watch Clueless and go on a quoting binge...AS IF!!! :)

    ReplyDelete