Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Summer is Almost Here




Can you tell I'm ready? These kids are driving me bonkers! Luckily, we're reading a 7th grade favorite, The Outsiders.


So, definitely some good news:


-I got an extra $750 from my mentor grant so I was able to get most of my car repairs done. Only one more minor thing (with a hefty $250 price tag). I'm going to wait until the fall on that one. Now I can finally drive my car back and forth to Kansas! WOO-HOO!


-Murad and I's 3 year anniversary was yesterday! Can you believe we've been together for three years? Tomorrow is our 2 month wedding anniversary.


-Murad got added hours at work! Woo-hoo! This will open up a lot of things for us. We may be able to get our wedding bands. We currently just have plain platinum bands (still effin expensive in my eyes). I want a 3/4 eternity bezeled band. I wasn't a fan of bezeled until recently. It's in our price range. Murad wants a channel set band. Unfortunately his is not in our price range. He could get it in white gold and it would be $600 cheaper, but we are big fans of platinum and don't want to jeorpordize quality (we're such snobs..which is funny because we're Poor!). I told Murad that if it meant postponing our honeymoon (again) then I don't want to do it. I need the beach. Punta Cana, DR, here we come! We're buying booking it soon so we can get some good deals!


For now I'll settle for laying by the pool. I'm so ready for summer. Even though I'm teaching summer school, I still have plenty to look forward to:


-no more GRAD SCHOOL! I'm done with my 2nd master's. well I'm not, but I'm done with the coursework and that's all that matters


-Abby will be here! Girl time! movies, plays, library time and whatever girly stuff we have to opportunity to do. I'm so excited to have her here. Murad and I are going to focus on helping her develop healthy eating and exercise habits. I'm hoping they are habits she'll continue when she goes back to Kansas in the fall.


reading and writing! I can't wait to read for pleasure and start journaling again!


-Finally, Murad is starting the grad school application process. I know most people don't like writing statement of purposes, but I like helping him do it. I love writing and I love helping him acheive his goals! I'm so proud of him! He is back in school getting another degree solely for the purpose of going for more school. School doesn't come easy for him, and he's successfully raised his GPA! He's applying for about 5 different Ph.D Counseling Psychology programs and a couple of MSW programs. It hasn't been an easy road for him, but he's stuck to it. He's so dedicated. I know whatever program he gets into will be the best for him. This is such an exciting time in our lives. We've been seriously talking about buying a house wherever we end up so that we can start on a family in a few years! CRAZY!

-Sampson and Maya time--more time to play and cuddle with my babies!

No comments:

Post a Comment