Friday, January 28, 2011

It's a BOY



That's right! Baby Soup is a boy! We have had a busy, busy week. We started off Monday afternoon visiting our OB/GYN for the ultrasound. The first thing the technician noticed was his boy part sticking straight up. Yep! He's all boy! Mr. Soup and I both enjoyed this ultrasound more than the last one. I think it's because he actually looks like a baby (although a tiny one). It was so cool to see him moving around in there. We saw him scratch his eye, fist pump, take a quick nap and kick mommy's bladder. Right now JT (Baby Soup) is breeched, so it explains why I have to go pee more than usual. The sonographer said, "you might pee more than usual because his feet are right on your bladder." Right after she said that, we saw him stamp his feet on my bladder. I actually don't mind because I love feeling my baby alive inside of me. There have been entire days that I have gone through and totally forgotten that I'm pregnant (is that bad?). Sometimes it still doesn't seem real to me. So, I'll take the restless nights, frequent bathroom breaks and other minor inconveniences.
So, JT is definitely his father's son. From looking at his profile, I see all Mr. Soup. His feet are arched like his father and his little legs are muscular as hell just like Mr. Soup's. I didn't know babies could develop muscles like that, but I guess when all you do is kick your mom's bladder, you're bound to build some muscles! He's just such a little cutie! I can't believe our perfect (yes, I said "perfect") baby is going to be here in June! I used to want to keep him inside forever so that I could protect him from all the bad things in the world. However, I've gotten over that. I want him out. I want to cuddle!
I'm still on a high from Monday afternoon. On Wednesday, I celebrated my 29th birthday! Can you believe it? 29 years. It was pretty low-key! Mr. Soup bought me a cake and card and told me my gift was coming this weekend! I also went to dinner with friends that night since Mr. Soup had to work.
I've been extremely busy at work with getting things ready for TAKS with camps, tutoring, etc. Yesterday, I taught, tutored until 4:45, stayed at school to work, then attended a girls' basketball game. I didn't get home until almost 9pm. Next week looks busy too.
Mr. Soup is busy interviewing for new jobs. Since he graduated in December, he's anxiously looking for new work. His previous job was only part-time, so he took a full-time position within the company, but unfortunately he has to work nights....he's also overly, overly qualified for the job and it's not a job that will pay all the new bills once JT arrives. So, I know he's worried and I feel bad that I can't do anything to make him feel better. I know it's a man-thing to want to be able to take care of your family, but I know that something will come along. Good things always have a way of finding us, and I know things will change. I just want him to know I believe in him and I support him! So, keep us in your thoughts and prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment