Saturday, September 26, 2009

do Saturdays exist?

The last two Saturdays I've taught Saturday School....
Don't get me wrong. The extra money is nice, but damn. It wipes me out for the rest of the day on Saturdays. I did clean the living room and kitchen and do some laundry, but not much else. I didn't make it to the grocery store or start grading papers. guess there is always Sunday.

I feel like I won't have a free Saturday for a while. Our weekends are going to be booked for a bit.
10/3 new member class at church
10/10 Saturday School
10/17 new member class at church
10/23 in Meade, KS visiting Abby
10/30 new member class at church
11/7 new member class at church
11/14 free!
11/21 free!
11/28 New Jersey
12/5 free!
12/12 my cousin Willie's wedding in Oklahoma(I think...need to check that date!)
12/19 Murad's graduation
12/26 Christmas in KS

Ugh....I'm excited for a lot of the things, but feeling a little overwhelmed. Luckily, the new member classes at church are only an hour and a half compared to the 3 hours of Saturday School. Murad works weekends so being busy will help me not miss him as much. I am excited about driving to OK and Kansas with him and our annual Thankgiving trip to New Jersey! This year we're going to NYC! I'm so excited!
I also worked up the nerve to take a homebuying class. Dallas County offers one, so I figure we'll get some good information that will help us in the future. I'm trying to be very rational and practical about the homebuying thing. Collecting all the facts, researching all the neighborhoods and doing what we can to secure a home loan. We aren't putting a timeline on it, but we probably should since we are seriously planning to start a new chapter in our lives.....more on that later!

No comments:

Post a Comment