Wednesday, September 16, 2009

what's going on?

I do feel a little comfort (sad, I know) that everyone is having a crappy week. The only way I know this is via facebook stalking. I guess misery loves company. No, I don't really believe that. I believe human beings just want support in any shape or form. The virtual support I got from facebook last night was much appreciated.

Last night one of my best friends called and told me her younger sister has cancer. She will live thankfully, but having children is out of the question. I didn't even know what to say. Hearing the sadness in her voice was tough. I don't know how I'd react if it were my sibling. Ironically, at work I talked with a teacher who is battling breast cancer. Her honesty about the whole situation was amazing. She has such an amazing strength and grace about her. I hope that my friend's sister will find that strength as well!

Things are changing in our household. My husband will no longer graduate this fall, but in the spring. This is not a welcome change, but one that we have to accept. It's a long, drawn-out mess. However, I'm trying to remain positive. We are living, breathing and loving. That's all that matters, right? I think he'll use this semester to work on some things personally and professionally and of course SAVE! This puts buying a house out of the question for now, which is fine, because at least I know that. However, on the upside, we'll have the same spring break to take our honeymoon. Since he's graduating in the spring, we hope to move into a rental home. I can throw him a big graduation bash in our new home with a backyard that we can party in if the weather is nice! He can start his MSW in the spring, so it puts him only a semester behind instead of two. So, a few minor good things have come out of it. I think it brought some issues that we had been neglecting into the forefront, which is always good for our marriage. I think we realize how much we support each other and how strong our marriage is. Even after only six months, I think we've built some of the tools people spend a lifetime building and for that I'm thankful!
My sweet Abby is having trouble sleeping through the night. I worry about her. She made so much progress this summer while she was here. I can't really go into specifics about the whole situation, but just keep her in your prayers. She's doing wonderfully in school! She's so gifted. She's one of those smart kids you envied in elementary school. Learning just comes naturally to her!
Anyways, thanks for all the warm thoughts, prayers, and LOVE! I need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment