Tuesday, September 8, 2009

things that perplex me

Over the weekend, I thought about things that I find curious, intriguing and disgusting. Some of the things fit in all three categories. others just one or two

Jaycee Dugard--I am fascinated by all things associated with this kidnapped woman. I'm amazed by it all. I remember feeling that way when they found Elizabeth Smart, but for some reason this is just too real. I read that she feels guilty for bonding with her captor. I just want to be like, "it's okay. you're safe now." I can't imagine what she or her children are going through right now.
Gia--so I'm watching the movie about her with Angelina Jolie on the Oxygen network. Again, I'm perplexed and intrigued by tragic people, particularly women. Such a beautiful woman with so many issues.
Swine Flu--Absences were at an all-time high today. Kids were sent home left and right. I pray that I don't get it. I pray my father doesn't get it as well. He has one more month until he retires. If he can get through this month, he'll be home free. He wasn't feeling too well this weekend. They took him off some meds to test for Parkinson's Disease, so he's having a hard time adjusting. Sometimes he forgets to take the meds he's supposed to take and that messes him up even more. Hopefully, he'll get back on track. NO SWINE FLU!
The 90's--I attended a really fun 80's celebration while I was home in Wichita. I got to see old friends from college and some from high school. So, I'm wondering when are people going to start having 90's parties? I love the 90's! Truly the best time! The music was awesome. Let me refresh your memory:
-Grunge (think Nirvana, Blind Melon, etc., flannel shirts)
-East Coast vs. West Coast (Biggie, Tupac)
-Crash Test Dummies (Mmmmmm Mmmm...what the hell)
-MC Hammer (hammer pants)
-Vanilla Ice
-the rise of boy bands (N'Sync, Backstreet Boys, Boyz II Men, Soul 4 Real)
-Lillith Fair (Fiona Apple, Sarah MacLaughlin, Sheryl Crow)
-Bone Thugs N' Harmony

Okay so those are my rants for now. Ummm... onto some good news
-Mr. Soup is applying to grad school at Texas A&M Commerce and UTA. He's also applying for his LBSW license.
-Mr. Soup may be able to get the teeth he needs extracted and replaced with implants at a fraction of the cost.
-I'm going to start taking new member classes at a local church I've been attending! Woo-hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment