Wednesday, March 9, 2011

good-bye strappy sandals

So, yesterday my back was killing me. This is probably because we gave a simulation test for three hours. I basically sat at my desk while the kids tested. I'm pretty sure that's what did it. I also still wear my strappy sandals. To be honest, they are not uncomfortable. When I wear them, my feet don't hurt at all. At the end of the day though my feet are huge. So, I guess it is time to retire them for a while. Today I wore my Nike sandals and I feel a lot better. My feet are also a normal size.
Ever since I got pregnant, I've been in such a weird fashion mood. I care more about what I look like and I've put extra care into perfecting my wardrobe. Lucky for me I didn't spend a fortune on maternity clothes (not even $200), but I felt this sudden sense of pride in my appearance. I started taking extra time to put on my make-up, curl my hair, and pick out clothes. You'd think I'd wear ponytails everyday, but nope! It's weird how being a mom-to-be has changed me into a fashionista! Usually it's the opposite!
I guess being in love does that to you? I remember when I first met Mr. Soup, I dropped 20 lbs. He didn't recognize me the next time he saw me (we had a long distance relationship). I think the same can be applied to being a mom. I'm so proud to be JT's mom and I want him to be proud of me as well. I'm always finding ways to show off my bump and still look my best.
so good-bye strappy sandals....I'll see you in June!
having a baby has also helped me reevaluate my career goals. Mr. Soup is really encouraging me to look into starting my own business and I really just need to stop being a pansy and do it. I also want to pat myself on the back because I always wanted to teach at a community college and I'm now doing it. I love it almost as much as I love teaching junior high. why? because I have total curricular freedom! It's so freeing to be able to teach what I want to teach. I also love the flexibility of teaching at a community college. As I prepare to become a mom, I'm really appreciating that. If I have a doctor's appointment at the junior high I have to take a day or find someone to cover my class. I can't stand to think of what it will be like when JT has Halloween parties and other events. I can't miss those! So, yeah I'm not going to be a SAHM, but I am trying to put the pieces together to become a WAHM or at least part-time WAHM and part-time community college professor. This website has given me lots of inspiration WAHM
It's funny how pregnancy changes someone. Fashionista, Entrepeneur, College professor! I like the new Mrs. Soup....ahem....Mama Soup! I'm totally welcoming the revamping of me!

1 comment:

  1. Quote of the week from Mr. Soup:
    Him: "You have a lot of freakin' clothes, Ash!"
    Me: "I know. I got a lot of maternity clothes."
    Him (in a surprised tone): "And they're all so cute."
    Yeah, even he recognizes my fashionista side coming out. I'm sure he couldn't say that about my old clothes!

    ReplyDelete