Sunday, March 20, 2011

Nursery






Most of the rooms in our house are white or beige. I guess that's the cardinal rule when selling a house. Paint it white or beige. I could not have my baby sleeping in a white room, but I wanted something that would be neutral enough that all Soup babies would like it. Since I'm the oldest child, I decided that the big sibling will get a new room each time there is a new baby. So, if/when there is a 2nd Soup baby, JT will get a new room. New paint, big kid furniture, the whole nine yards! The new baby will get his old room (maybe some new accessories). I figure this is the most economical thing to do and it will make the big sibling feel special! So, JT's nursery will forever be the Soup Nursery.
Yesterday, with the help of friends, JT's white walls turned into Aqua Waves! I absolutely love this room now. It is my new favorite room in the house. I can't wait for the beach them to come together! I've snapped some pictures of the room before and after painting. I also put a picture of some of the accessories (sea shell curtain ties, crib sheets made by my mama). Enjoy some during pictures! I will post more once his nursery is complete!
It's amazing how one little room can make you feel closer to being a mom. The room is so relaxing. I can picture myself in here with my little man. I think of all the memories our little family will have in that room.

1 comment:

  1. That is the best idea ever and I wish I could have done the same thing---keep one room a nursery (changing out accessories as deemed necessary) and move baby into a "big kid" room. That is my piece of advice to all new moms I give--usually if it comes up, but I bet I've given it unsolicited a few times too :-) It's just something that never hit me back then. Of course, it totally helps if you're in the house you intend to stay in for the next 10 or so years. I can't wait to see more pics!

    ReplyDelete